Group of Observational Astrophysics
EDIT：admin TIME： 2016-09-26 13:03:07.0 CLICK：1053
Blazars is the most extreme subclass of Active Galactic Nuclei (AGN), which include BL Lac objects (BL Lacs) and flat-spectrum radio quasars (FSRQs). Blazars are characterized by non-thermal continuum emission across the whole electromagnetic spectrum characterized by fast and large amplitude variability at all wavelengths, high luminosity, polarization and so on. According to the commonly accepted scheme, blazars is one type of AGN with a highly relativistic jet orienting close to our line of sight. There are still many unresolved questions about the accretion physical processes, emission mechanism and the structure of AGN. Multi-wavelength variability observations are important and fundamental method to understand these questions. We are using all available multi-band observations to research and understand these unresolved questions.
The interest of our group also covers the research of variable stars by optical photometry and radial velocity observations using the 1 meter telescope of Shandong University. We also participate the exoplanet searching program by radial velocity method with the high resolution spectrograph of the 1 meter telescope of Shandong University. More and more space debris comes out with more and more satellites and spacecrafts launched into our ourter space. They will threaten the safety of the useful satellites and human space activities. So the monitoring and observations of space debris is important to make good use of the outer space. So space debris observations and research is another research interest of our group.
Weihai Observatory of Shandong University
One meter telescope of Shandong University
Prof. Dr. Shaoming Hu (http://astro.wh.sdu.edu.cn/team/teacher/2016-08-04/537.html)
Team Members (3 guest professors, 1 associate researcher, 1 lecture, 3 technicians, 1 Phd. student)
(visit http://astro.wh.sdu.edu.cn/team/ for more info.)
Guest Professor: Dr. Gang Zhao, Dr. Xiaojun Jiang, Dr. Feng Yuan
Associate Researcher: Dr. Yunguo Jiang
Lecturer: Dr. Kai Li
Technician: Mr. Difu Guo(also a Phd. student), Mr. Dongyang Gao, Mr. Xu Chen
Phd. student: Yutong Li
Main Research Grants
1. Variability research, Young Scholars Program of Shandong University, Weihai, Yuan 500,000, 2015.08-2020.08
2. The complex radiation mechanism of blazars, NSFC, general joint project in astronomy, Yuan 530,000, 2016.01-2018.12
3. Inverse Compton scattering of polarized photons and its application in astrophysics, NSFC for youth, Yuan 300,000, 2015.01-2017.12.
4. Exoplanet searching and investigation of contact binaries and their companions, Young Scholars Program of Shandong University, Weihai, Yuan 500,000, 2016.6-2020.12
5. Statistics of planet System Observations and Mechanisms of their Orbital Architectures, NSFC, cooperation key project, Yuan 1100,000, 2014.1-2018.12.
6. High resolution fiber spectra automatical data reduction and spectrograph stability research, NSFC, general joint project in astronomy, Yuan 600,000, 2014.1-2016.12.
7. Observation and investigation on eclipsing blue stragglers in globular clusters, NSFC, general joint project in astronomy, Yuan 480,000, 2015.1-2017.12
8. Space debris shape feature inversion, 863 fundation, Yuan 300,000, 2015.07-2016.12.
9. Using 1.0-m telescope at Weihai to analyze close binaries in globular clusters, the Natural Science Foundation of Shandong Province, Yuan 90,000, 2014.12-2017.12
10. Variability comparison research for low-frequency-peaked blazars and high-frequency-peaked blazars, NSFC for youth, Yuan 320,000, 2013.01-2015.12.
11. Microvariability study of blazars, NSFC fundation, Yuan 150,000, 2012.01-2012.12
1. Guo Yu Cheng, Hu, Shao Ming*, Li, Yu Tong, Chen Xu, Statistical analysis of the temporal properties of BL Lacertae, MNRAS, 460, 1790-1800, 2016.
2. Jiang Y. G., Hu S. M.*, Chen X., Li K., Guo D. F., Li Y. T., Li H. Z., Zhao Y. Y., Lin H. N., Chang Z., Time-resolved GRB spectra in the complex radiation of synchrotron and Compton processes, MNRAS, 456, 3386-3400, 2016.
3. Bhatta G., Stawarz Ł., Ostrowski M., Markowitz A., Akitaya H., Arkharov A. A., Bachev R., Benítez E., Borman G. A., Carosati D., Cason A. D., Chanishvili R., Damljanovic G., Dhalla S., Frasca A., Hiriart D., Hu S-M., Itoh R., Jableka D., Jorstad S., Jovanovic M. D., et al., Multifrequency Photo-polarimetric WEBT Observation Campaign on the Blazar S5 0716+714: Source Microvariability and Search for Characteristic Timescales, ApJ, in press, 2016.
4. Li, K.; Gao, D.-Y.; Hu, S.-M.; Guo, D.-F.; Jiang, Y.-G.; Chen, X., The active W UMa type binary star V781 Tau revisited, Ap&SS, 361, 63, 2016.
5. Guo, D.-F.; Li, K.; Hu, S.-M.; Jiang, Y.-G.; Gao, D.-Y.; Chen, X., The highest rate orbital period increasing contact binary LP UMa revisited, New Astronomy, Volume 44, p. 29-34, 2016.
6. Wittenmyer, Robert A.; Gao, Dongyang; Hu, Shao Ming; Villaver, Eva; Endl, Michael; Wright, Duncan, The Weihai Observatory Search for Close-in Planets Orbiting Giant Stars, Publications of the Astronomical Society of Pacific, Volume 127, Issue 956, pp. 1021-1026, 2015.
7. Guo, Y. C.; Hu, S. M.*; Xu, C.; Liu, C. Y.; Chen, X.; Guo, D. F.; Meng, F. Y.; Xu, M. T.; Xu, J. Q., Long-term optical and radio variability of BL Lacertae, New Astronomy, Volume 36, pp. 9-18., 2015.
8. Bhatta G., Goyal A., Ostrowski, M.; Stawarz, L.; Akitaya, H.; Arkharov, A. A.; Bachev, R.; Benítez, E.; Borman, G. A.; Carosati, D.; Cason, A. D.; Damljanovic, G.; Dhalla, S.; Frasca, A.; Hu, S.-M.; Itoh, R.; Jorstad, S.; Jableka, D.; Kawabata, K. S.; Klimanov, S. A.; Kurtanidze, O.; Larionov, V. M.; Laurence, D.; Leto, G.; Markowitz, A.; Marscher, A. P.; Moody, J. W.; Moritani, Y.; Ohlert, J. M.; Di Paola, A.; Raiteri, C. M.; Rizzi, N.; Sadun, A. C.; Sasada, M.; Sergeev, S.; Strigachev, A.; Takaki, K.; Troitsky, I. S.; Ui, T.; Villata, M.; Vince, O.; Webb, J. R.; Yoshida, M.; Zola, S.; Hiriart, D., Discovery of a Highly Polarized Optical Microflare in Blazar S5 0716+714 during the 2014 WEBT Campaign, ApJL , Volume 809, Issue 2, article id. L27, 6 pp. 2015.
9. Li, K.*; Hu, S.-M.; Guo, D.-F.; Jiang, Y.-G.; Gao, Y.-G.; Chen, X.; Odell, Andrew P., The Active Contact Binary Ty UMa Revisited: is It a Quadruple Star?, AJ, 149, 120, 2015.
10. Li, K.*; Hu, S.-M.; Guo, D.-F.; Jiang, Y.-G.; Gao, D.-Y.; Chen, X., The first photometric analysis and period investigation of the W UMa type binary system V1139 Cas, New Astronomy, 34, 217, 2015
11. Shao Ming Hu*, X. Chen, D. F. Guo, Y. G. Jiang, K. Li, Quasi-simultaneous multicolour optical variability of S5 0716+714, MNRAS, 443, 2940-2949, 2014.
12. Li, Kai*; Hu, S.-M.; Guo, D.-F.; Jiang, Y.-G.; Gao, D.-Y.; Chen, X., The First Photometric Analysis of the near Contact Binary IR Cas, AJ, 148, 96, 2014.
13. Li K.*, Qian S.-B., Hu, S.-M., He, J.-J., The triply binary star EQ Tau with an active component, AJ, 147, 98, 2014.
14. Guo Di-Fu, Hu Shao-Ming*, Chen Xu, Gao Dong-Yang, Du Jun-Ju, Sky Brightness at Weihai Observatory of Shandong University, PASP, Volume 126, issue 939, pp.496-503, 2014.
15. Chen Xu, Hu Shao Ming*, Guo Di Fu, Du Jun Ju, Optical variability of Mrk 421, Astrophysics and Space Science, Volume 349, Issue 2, pp.909-917, 2014
16. Hu, Shao-Ming*; Han, Sheng-Hao; Guo, Di-Fu; Du, Jun-Ju, The photometric system of the One-meter Telescope at Weihai Observatory of Shandong University, RAA, Volume 16, Issue 6, p. 719-732. 2014.
17. Hu, ShaoMing*; Chen, Xu; Guo, DiFu, Variability of OI 090.4, Journal of Astrophysics and Astronomy, 35, 261-265, 2014.
18. Guo Di-Fu, Hu Shao-Ming*, Tao Jun, Yin Hong-Xing, Chen Xu, Pan Hong-Jian, Optical monitoring of the Seyfert galaxy NGC 4151 and possible periodicities in its historical light curve, RAA, Volume 14, Issue 8, pp. 923-932,2014.
19. Chen, Xu; Hu, Shao Ming*; Guo, Di Fu, Microvariability Detection of Mrk 421, Journal of Astrophysics and Astronomy, 35, 465-466, 2014.
20. Guo, Difu*; Hu, Shaoming; Chen, Xu, Optical Monitoring of OT 546 in 2009, Journal of Astrophysics and Astronomy, 35, 283-284, 2014.